WESS FINAL CONFERENCE
De Warande, Rue Zinner 1, Brussels
30 November 2022 | 09:00 – 17:00 CET | De Warande, Brussels
ECSA and the ETF are excited to announce the line-up of speakers for the WESS final conference!
Shipping is a key contributor to the European economy. It is a sector in fast transition towards decarbonisation and digitalisation. The sustainability and competitiveness of European shipping depend on its ability to continue to attract new professionals and retain experienced seafarers, and invest in improving qualifications to meet the challenges of the green and digital transition.
The WESS project, jointly managed by the European Community Shipowners Associations (ECSA) and the European Transport Workers Federation (ETF) and co-funded by the EU, seeks to promote an attractive, smart and sustainable working environment in the shipping sector.
During the final conference, two panels of experts will discuss the outcome of the project’s deliverables.
- Keynote address: Magda Kopczynska, Director Waterborne Transport, DG MOVE, European Commission (TBC)
- Presentation of final report “Enhanced Participation of Women in European Shipping” – Sue Terpilowski & Dr Kate Pike, Image Line Communications
- Enhancing participation of women in EU shipping
- David Kerr, Member of Cabinet of Commissioner for Equality Helena Dalli
- Despina Panayiotou Theodosiou, CEO of Tototheo Maritime, Immediate Past President of WISTA International
- Helena Vieira, Coordinator Researcher at Universidade de Aveiro, Former Director General of Maritime Policy (PT)
- Karin Orsel, CEO of MF Shipping Group, Vice President of ECSA
- Sascha Meijer, Nautilus, Executive Officer
- Presentation of final report “Investigating the increased use of digitalisation onboard and possible benefits/ improvements to shipboard safety and welfare” – Rhiannon Ducas-Chevalier & Zofia Labno, ADS Insight
- Panel discussion – Impact of digitalisation on the maritime workforce
- Fotini Ioannidou, Head of the Maritime Safety Unit and Deputy Director Waterborne Transport, DG MOVE, European Commission
- Jaime González Gil, Project Officer at the Visits & Inspections, Human Element; Capacity Building Unit of the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA)
- Jorunn Eldøy, Maritime Director at Mintra, Board member at WISTA The Netherlands
- Max Johns, Vice-President of the Hamburg School of Business Administration, Vice Chair of ILO – Special Tripartite Conference
- Pierre Jean Coulon, President of the Section for Transport, Energy, Infrastructure and Information Society European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- Conclusions – ECSA and ETF
The conference will be moderated by Craig Eason, Fathom World.
Find the full agenda here.
Registrations are open until 21 November – E-mail email@example.com to secure your place!
More details in our conference flyer!